Happy 2009 to all! Here are the lastest stories about our kids.
Lets start with Mr. Corban
I was talking to little Corban, the other day and I was telling him that he needs to be potty trained. He then told me he was potty trained. I said, "No, you're not, you need to start using the big toilet." He then tells me he does use the toilet (which is true, when I try to potty train him once a week). So I then precede to tell him that he needs to get rid of his diapers. He then states, (in a distressed voice) "No, I need my diapers to pee in." Great, we are never going to have him potty trained. :)
We went to NY for Christmas and had a good time. One night Corban was running back and forth in the hallway outside the bedrooms. My mom came out and told him not to stop running. He then walks away and states "Why is this old lady yelling at me?" My mother doesn't look old, but now she has a complex about it.
Rachel's New Year Resolution
So, big Corban and I made a new year's resolution for Miss Rachel. We decided that we would take Rachel's binkies away. On New Year's Day any binkies we found we cut the nipple off. The first one, we gave it to Rachel and asked her to throw it away. She just couldn't do it. She would walk half way to the trash can and then try to use the binky and then walk in the opposite direction of the trash can. She still hasn't thrown a binky away. We did this with little Corban and he would walk to the trash can, try the binky, realized it didn't work and then throw it away.
A day or two after New Year's Day, Rachel came up to me with a smile on her face (like she was getting away with something.) She was sucking on a binky, and looking at me to make sure I saw what she had. Needless to say, we had a rough night, so she still has at least one binky left. Hopefully, we will get rid of it soon.
Sydney and boys (way to soon to think about this!)
The other day Sydney ask me, "Mom, can I kiss a boy on Valentine's day?" I told her, "No" of course and that she was too young. I preceded to tell her that the only boys that she could kiss are her Father and Brother. Oh, she is way too young for this. I can definitely wait for her teenage years.
Big Corban....
After working at Nielsen's on and off since high school, he has hopefully for the last time put in his two weeks. They have been good to us, but it is definitely time to let it go.
Erin (Me)....
Sorry, I don't have any cute stories. I'm just trudging along as a full-time mom during the daylight hours and working at Jetblue during the graveyard hours.
Lets start with Mr. Corban
I was talking to little Corban, the other day and I was telling him that he needs to be potty trained. He then told me he was potty trained. I said, "No, you're not, you need to start using the big toilet." He then tells me he does use the toilet (which is true, when I try to potty train him once a week). So I then precede to tell him that he needs to get rid of his diapers. He then states, (in a distressed voice) "No, I need my diapers to pee in." Great, we are never going to have him potty trained. :)
We went to NY for Christmas and had a good time. One night Corban was running back and forth in the hallway outside the bedrooms. My mom came out and told him not to stop running. He then walks away and states "Why is this old lady yelling at me?" My mother doesn't look old, but now she has a complex about it.
Rachel's New Year Resolution
So, big Corban and I made a new year's resolution for Miss Rachel. We decided that we would take Rachel's binkies away. On New Year's Day any binkies we found we cut the nipple off. The first one, we gave it to Rachel and asked her to throw it away. She just couldn't do it. She would walk half way to the trash can and then try to use the binky and then walk in the opposite direction of the trash can. She still hasn't thrown a binky away. We did this with little Corban and he would walk to the trash can, try the binky, realized it didn't work and then throw it away.
A day or two after New Year's Day, Rachel came up to me with a smile on her face (like she was getting away with something.) She was sucking on a binky, and looking at me to make sure I saw what she had. Needless to say, we had a rough night, so she still has at least one binky left. Hopefully, we will get rid of it soon.
Sydney and boys (way to soon to think about this!)
The other day Sydney ask me, "Mom, can I kiss a boy on Valentine's day?" I told her, "No" of course and that she was too young. I preceded to tell her that the only boys that she could kiss are her Father and Brother. Oh, she is way too young for this. I can definitely wait for her teenage years.
Big Corban....
After working at Nielsen's on and off since high school, he has hopefully for the last time put in his two weeks. They have been good to us, but it is definitely time to let it go.
Erin (Me)....
Sorry, I don't have any cute stories. I'm just trudging along as a full-time mom during the daylight hours and working at Jetblue during the graveyard hours.

2 comments:
Those are some cute stories about your kids! Don't worry too much about the boy thing just yet, it's just the bad example of the kids at school ;) Good luck with the potty training and binky thing!
We made a deal with Landon that if he waits until he is 16 to kiss a girl we will give him a car to drive--mind you we didn't say what kind of car but I hope it works.
Post a Comment