18 November 2010

Where do the months go......

Grace's Baby Blessing/Sydney's Family

We blessed Gracie in our home on Saturday, September 25, 2010.  We also had Sydney's family birthday party that day too.  It great to have our family members come, but we did miss the ones that couldn't be there with us. Some family members joined us when we sang "Happy Birthday" to Sydney via Skype.
NY Family...Kris, Court, Johnnie


Daddy's Girls!
Sleeping Kids
Our kids can sleep anywhere and in any position.



All Rachel needs is a pillow and her thumb.  Little Corban doesn't even need a comfortable position.  Then there is the "Sydney pose".




Halloween

Guess who is what?

Gordan Hayward, a pumpkin, Frankenstein, Harry Potter and Lava Girl

Do you see the resemblances?

Gordan Hayward


I can totally see the pumpkin resemblance :)


Harry Potter

Lava Girl (from the "Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl")

Trick-or-Treating was short and wet this year.  Sydney was the first to poop out after walking only are street.  Then Corban was next after a block and a half.  Rachel was the winner because she wanted to keep going but was out voted.
Gracie and Corban chilled out at home.


October was a bad month for our family.  Everyone was sick starting with Rachel and ending with Gracie in the hospital for a few days.  She came home from the hospital the day before Halloween, unfortunately on oxygen.  She was only on it for a few days until she was fully recovered.  The other kids were able to go trick-or-treating at Primary Children's hospital, which they loved and they made out like bandits with toys and candy.
 
(please excuse the mess in the background and when we noticed we couldn't get another picture where all the girls cooperated).


Werewolf Story

Big Corb carved out the pumpkin

One day we were going to pick up big Corban from work.  The kids were in the car before I was there and when I came out, Rachel was crying and very upset. I asked her what was wrong, but understanding a 3 year old crying child isn't my strong point.  The only thing I heard was "....Corban got it!)  I then told little Corban to give back what he took.  He opened his hands and innocently said..."I don't have anything".  I didn't see anything in lap.  I asked Rachel again what Corban had, but again my interpretation skills are the best when they are crying.  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Corban making a motion with his hand.  I asked what he was doing and he said he was petting his werewolf.  I finally understood what Rachel was saying.  "Corban has my werewolf".  Keep in mind this werewolf isn't a stuffed animal....it's imaginary.  I then asked Corban to give the imaginary werewolf to Rachel and he said no.  I then pulled another imaginary werewolf from the side of the minivan and told Rachel that was here baby werewolf and she needed to take care of it.  She continued  to cry and stated she wanted the one Corban had.  I finally was able to convince Corban to pretend to give the "imaginary" werewolf to Rachel.  After that everyone was happy for the whole car ride, while they each petted their imaginary werewolves.

Have a great day!



2 comments:

Robyn said...

That was an awesome post! The werewolf story is hilarious and a classic. Your kids are a riot.

Shiloh Roan Jacobs said...

Loved reading and seeing your update!! Thanks for sharing. The kids are adorable . . . glad everyone is feeling better!