17 October 2007

End of Baseball Season




As I watched the rain turn to hail and the hail turn to snow today, I realized that we are coming to the end of yet another baseball season. Nino and I settled down the other night to watch the Red Sox and the Indians when I realized the Colorado Rockies were going to represent the National League in the World Series. I'm not sure I'm prepared to live in a world where the Rockies are in the World Series. I suppose if I survived the Marlins and D-Backs combining for three World Series championships I can live through this.

The weather turning cold also means the end of the season for our softball team, Scared Hitless. Our team name has characterized pretty well how we have performed, but we have improved dramatically on defense. Maybe next year we can learn how to hit the ball.



This summer also saw me and Josh lead Shad's team to a second place finish against some pretty stiff competition. We made some critical decisions that allowed an under-talented team to go farther than they could have under less capable leadership.


Enjoy these pictures from our spring/summer/early fall baseball and softball seasons.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Now I remember why you are my favorite cousin--but watch what you say about my Dbacks (hey, I live here, I have to cheer for them right?). I guess I will have to cheer for whichever AL team wins. Too bad we don't live close enough to be on a co-ed team together, huh!?!

Emily J. said...

Landon was sad when Bens intramural team ended as well. he asks everyweek when we can go back to the baseball fields. Corban's team looks more intense than Bens dental school friends :)