09 March 2009

The Terrible Two's Have Ended



And the terrifying three's have begun. This past Sunday we had Corban's Family Birthday Party. Which he loved....but leading up to Sunday was crazy. I decided I was going to deep clean a little bit everyday that week, so I wouldn't be so stressed on Saturday and Sunday. You would think this was a great plan...one flaw....3 kids!

On Thursday I was cleaning the family room in the basement and the kids bedrooms down there. By the time I was done with the last bedroom...the first one was a mess. If only that was the worst part.
He looks so innocent...but he's not :)! Friday's are usually one of the hardest days for me because I worked 3 graveyard shifts in a row...so, I'm not up to doing anything extra that I don't have to. I decided that I was going to clean the bathrooms and our bedroom. Well, I finished the bathrooms while Sydney was at preschool. We went to get her and came home and ate lunch. After lunch I needed a break. I was able to get both girls to take a nap and I was having trouble getting Corban to take one. I finally fell asleep waiting for him to come into our room. I woke up to a disaster. He was covered in white stuff. I went into the kitchen and there was powder sugar every where. On the dishwasher, fridge, floor, counters and even little foot prints going into the living room. Again if it only ended there.

Saturday, I worked most of the day. When I arrived home. The house was looking pretty decent still. We only needed to do a little bit of straightening up. After dinner, I made big Corb go and watch "Lost" with me. The whole family file down stairs to watch. One by one each kid left. When the show was over they were upstairs. The first thing Sydney said to us, when we reached the top of the stairs was "I didn't do it!" There in the kitchen was Corban and Rachel cracking the last egg onto the floor. Yes, Corban opened the fridge and took out the eggs. He didn't crack them all at once, but one by one onto the floor. Other than those few incidents his party was a hit. Below is us singing happy birthday.















We not only had spiderman present but the hulk was there too.




























Also ninja turtles.


















Opening presents....


Finally, Corban checking out his loot.










2 comments:

Robyn said...

Ah, the threes. They've got to be worse than two. Glad you survived and had a fun party!

Unknown said...

I love the ninja turtle pictures! Hope the threes are better for you guys!!