Ok, I was going to try to get a blog in before I went back to work...but it didn't happen. This past week we had big milestones. When Corban and I walked in the room last Thursday, little Grace was in a big girl crib and real clothes. It made me all giddy inside to see. She is becoming our big fatty at 6 weeks old (33 gestational weeks) weighing 4 lbs. 5 oz. (1955 g.) and 16 inches long. I sometimes forget how little she is because she has grown so much since her birth and then I see a newborn baby...it makes me laugh because now I think newborns look huge.
She was able to start nursing from me that same night. Of course she's a superstar and latched on right away, like all Sims babies she likes to eat. The nurses are quite surprise how well she eats for how little she is. They are going to let her establish nursing from me before she starts on bottles. Then once she starts bottles, she needs to be able to eat and gain weight for two consecutive days. They said she looks like she will come home in the next couple of weeks. Yeah!
Sydney was able to help give her a bath on her last sibling visit with her and they both absolutely loved it.
2 comments:
So glad to hear she is doing well. She looks darling!!! That bath shot is priceless.
exciting erin! Ü she is beautiful! i love the double chin! yay!
Post a Comment